Water Conservation Rebate Program
CUSTOMERS CAN EARN CREDITS ON WATER BILLS
District customers now have the opportunity to participate in a voluntary program that offers a rebate (in the form of a credit to your water bill) designed to encourage water conservation. The program is very simple:
- In order to be eligible to participate, customer must have had services in the District for one year prior to enrollment date.
- Residents who wish to join the program must contact the billing office (281-277-0129, ext.5308, 5309, 5310, or 5306) and agree to participate in the program for one year (365 day period to be calculated from the date the resident joins the program).
- For this one year period, the billing and collection staff will compare the resident's current water usage (gallons used) to water usage for the same time period in the previous year.
- Every 6 months in the defined 12 month period that the customer uses less water (measured in total gallons used) compared to the water used for the same period in the previous year, the resident will receive a 10% rebate in the form of a credit to their water bill (based on current year's usage with a maximum credit of $75.00 per account.) For the months in the current billing cycle when total gallons used equals or exceeds amounts used compared to the same period in the previous year, no credit will be issued.
- The conservation rebate program ends 365 days from the date the resident joins the program. To sign up for further rebates, the resident must voluntarily sign up for a new one year commitment. Water conservation just makes sense…and now you can earn "cents" (credit to your water bill) for taking steps to ensure an adequate supply of water for future generations.
Click here to fill out the on-line Water Conservation Registration Form
Click here to print out the Water Conservation Registration Form
Call to sign up today...and join your neighbors in saving money by using this valuable resource wisely!